Trade Finance – Sales Manager – Transaction Banking Job Apply Now!
Job Title: Trade Finance – Sales / Marketing Manager – Transaction Banking
Job Description: Transaction Banking provides core banking products and services for corporate and FI customers. This includes the channel and account offerings for the delivery of cash management, such as liquidity; pooling and sweeping; payments and receivables in sterling and currency; bank and agency solutions; trade and supply chain finance; card issuance, and merchant services.
This is a senior Transaction Banking role, focused on driving the development of Trade and Supply Chain Finance with the bank’s North American customers (corporate, non-bank FIs and bank FIs). This role will develop and deliver the Trade and Supply Chain Finance strategy in North America, representing the bank in client and industry engagements and achieving targeted growth.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Post graduate legal, economic, finance and/or management
- Proven record of technical understanding of Trade and Supply Chain products. Minimum 5 years experience in a trade sales or product management capacity
- Demonstrable success in Trade Sales and Business Development
- Deep knowledge of risk profile and regulatory treatment of Trade and Supply Chain and associated risk and portfolio management practices
- Previous project management role
- Domestic and /or International products and other banking products related
- Develop and deliver sales strategy and secure strategic internal support from stakeholders, in conjunction with the Head of Trade Sales and the Country Head in order to identify and satisfy customer needs and to achieve revenue and asset growth/asset quality targets.
- Meeting Group risk and profitability requirements and deliver targeted growth in Trade and Supply Chain Finance business
- Proactively manage trade relationships within the portfolio of existing and agreed target clients in order to develop structure and review proposals that meet customer requirements. Recognize opportunities to develop further income and economic profit, recommending and implementing the appropriate solutions.
- Prepare Trade Cycle Analysis papers (TCAs) and provide input to credit applications in conjunction with Relationship Teams, aligned with defined strategy and engage with colleagues in product, sales support and risk as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and execute TB Account Planning, client sales and trade relationship calling plans.
- Act as client point of contact for all transactions for customers in North America, with the ability to discuss technical and operational aspects of transactions.
Apprenticeship or entry level in Banking ?
I wanted to get advice on something regarding the banking market. I am now studying business and economics with a goal to enter high finance; possibly investment banking/trading/venture capitalism, anywhere my skills fit in to be honest once I am done, with good returns for my efforts.
I have been stuck doing alot of restaurant wait type jobs in the recent past and I feel that this is not what I am best suited for. Don't get me wrong I can do it cause it gets me from A to B, but at the same time I need to take steps if I want to achieve my goal to get into this field