Eurasia, 2000 - Present
Vice President Structured Trade Finance
- Support short, medium and long term trade related financing through US government programs such as US Extrabank and
- Incorporated Credit Union ("ICU"), for worldwide customer requirements.
- Arrange 8 Medium Term Facilities ("Put option") in Latin America in the amount of US $285 Million.
- Arrange 12 US Extrabank Facilities with Monetary Institutions and Corporate customers in Latin America, Africa and Asia in the amount of US $350 Million.
- Arrange 13 ICU Facilities with Monetary Institutions in Latin America and Africa in the amount of US $300 million.
- Coordinate reallocation of Structured Tax Organization ("STO") unit from New York to Miami, reducing 80% of personnel while generating 50% more income comparing to previous years.
Standard Chartered Bank, 1995 - 2000 Vice President of Specialized Banking
- Arranged 3 US Extrabank Facilities with Financial Institutions and Corporate customers in Mexico in the amount of US $120 Million.
- Arranged 2 Medium Term Facilities ("Put option") in Mexico in the amount of US $40 Million, generating up-front fees and profitable interest income.
Banco Intranacional De Exterior, S.N.C., 1992 - 1995 Vice President of Intranational Banking America
- Head of International Banking unit for America in charge of short and medium term funding requirements, both through direct
- lines of credit and debt paper issuance in the US and Euro markets. Increased funding network in 200% and the lines of Credit amount from US $850 Million to US $2.5 Billion.
Promotions and Trade International, Mexico, A.C. 1990 - 1992
- Assisted potential exporters in Trade promotion and Mexican requirements.
Financial Institute of Maryland
Specialty in Finance and Accounting 1994
Universidad de Autonoma, Mexico City, Mexico
Apprenticeship or entry level in Banking ?
I wanted to get advice on something regarding the banking market. I am now studying business and economics with a goal to enter high finance; possibly investment banking/trading/venture capitalism, anywhere my skills fit in to be honest once I am done, with good returns for my efforts.
I have been stuck doing alot of restaurant wait type jobs in the recent past and I feel that this is not what I am best suited for. Don't get me wrong I can do it cause it gets me from A to B, but at the same time I need to take steps if I want to achieve my goal to get into this field