The problem is
No matter how much research you do, or software and training courses you buy (funny how the guys selling that stuff can't just trade their way to millions and retire), you're never going to be able to consistently guess future currency market movements.
Better to focus on something that will actually benefit you. Trading benefits only the financial services companies.
I do want to do it for the experience and get a better sense on how the market behaves.
I do have a degree in mathematics with a lot of courses speciaizling in manging risk in finance and insurance. I am also doing a financial risk management designation, so I am learning and hoping to apply those skills in the market, but we all know that school is kind of useless because the models we've learned mostly don't even acurately predict the market but it gives us a sense and reasoning on why the model was developed and some of the ideas they used is really inspiring, i especially fell love the black-scholes models and their trading strategies
You need to have a plan
The fact that you have the skills to make a good income is a plus. I wonder if your employer would allow you to telecommute or allow you to work a more flexible schedule, where you work longer hours but fewer days, and of course, find a job closer to home. How about moving to another state that might suit you better?... Those are all short term goals. You need to save enough money so you can do what you like, as you have stated. With that in mind, sit tight while you formulate a plan. Make sacrifices now (putting up with the job) because that will enable your long term goal. I don't think you should jump into a different career just yet until you have a nice financial safety net built
Hi. I watch the market daily for hours and for the last four years. I have a strong financial background, business college credits (economics,
accounting), investment funds, math aptitude, ok
intelligence and endless market curiosity. I'm still lower in return than I was in 2007 except for Apple. A cautious senior, when I analyze spending a dollar, I DEMAND value, seek growth, desire good performance and accept medium risk.
There are experts available to consult for well
reasoned share, bond, instrument, currency, fund, option or instrument decisions. They've often trained long and well, some with 50 years experience
Trading Options DVD Strategies - The Trading Pro System - Stock Market Options Trading Education - Professional High Probability Spread Strategies, Iron Condor, Credit Spreads, Calendar Spreads, Calls and Puts, Greeks, Trade Adjustments, Make Money with Trading Pro System - Over 32 Hours of Video - Plus Bonus Content
DVD (Jatzam Marketing)
- Over 24 hours of options trading education contained in over 40 videos
- Real world trading education for serious traders and investors
- Includes 3 Excel format workbooks
- Includes 2 PDF format guide books
- Includes 3 bonus trading books in PDF format
Kase on Technical Analysis + Online Video Course: Trading and Forecasting (Bloomberg Financial)
FOREX Best Trend-Following Robot trades online, 24 hours a day. Fully Automated Currency Trading System - No programming required - Plug and Trade - Make money from home with No Stress - Version 2014, with News Filter, for true "Set it and Forget it" trading
Software (Smart FX Technology)
- Trading Robot identifies profitable opportunities and executes successful trades, completely on its own
- Proven strategy maximizes profits and minimizes risk. Metatrader MT4 Expert Advisor
- No emotions. Computers trade much better than humans. The Robot will improve your trading whether you are a novice or a pro
- This easy-to-use software is a highly sophisticated trading system that can outperform any financial wizard on Wall Street.
- Complete with Money Management controls, to put your trading account on automatic cruise-control Watching your trading robot make you money is just amazing. It will...